Looking for ways to recruit volunteer host families in your area? This may seem daunting to a new Area Representative, but rest assured – ISE matches over 2,000 students each year with loving volunteer families across the US. Here are some of our most successful methods for finding great families […]
Change the World
ISE Area Representatives are community-minded individuals who help secure placements in their local high schools for exchange students, recruit host families in their communities, and provide support and guidance throughout the year.
As an Area Representative, you enable the people in your community to make friends from all over the world while changing the lives of our students forever. Each and every representative has the power to make a lasting, positive influence – whether you recruit one host family or one hundred.
Enrich your community and help bring the people of the world closer together. Nationwide Opportunities Available.
Work from Home
By matching exchange students with volunteer host families in their communities, Area Representatives can earn spots for themselves, friends, and family on our annual Celebration of Success trip - a vacation to some of the world’s most exciting destinations. Past destinations have included Ireland, Argentina, Germany, Spain, England, and many more!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Develop and maintain relationships with local high schools
- Recruit volunteer host families in your town to host ISE exchange students
- Provide supervision and support throughout the student’s cultural exchange program
All applicants must live and be authorized to work in the United States and have:
- A valid US driver’s license
- Internet connection
- Ability to pass a Criminal Background Check
- Reliable transportation
25 years of age or older.
The Area Representative role is done from home and out in your local community. Reps attend local events and arrange activities to promote ISE cultural exchange at their convenience. When supervising a student, reps are required to make bi-monthly in-person visits to each student while maintaining phone contact at least once every month. The position is flexible and can range from a few hours per week to a totally new lifestyle – you decide!
Although the position may be remote, you will have plenty of places to receive support and guidance from. Each Area Representative reports into a local regional manager who provides guidance and training. Additional training and support is also provided from our home office via various online and in-person resources.
- Area Representatives are independent contractors who receive payment each time they successfully place a student with a volunteer family. They also receive payment at key supervision check points throughout a program. Many bonus opportunities are also made available throughout the year.
- Area Representatives who recruit 7 approved volunteer families can also earn a spot on our annual Celebration of Success incentive trip. This is an international trip provided by ISE to reward the hard work and dedication shown by our reps throughout the program season. Trip locations have included Ireland, Spain, England, Argentina, and many other beautiful international destinations. Recruit additional families to earn spots on the trip for family and friends!
Stories from the Field
In most cases, your first move as an ISE Area Representative will be finding schools in your area and establishing a relationship with them. Many new Area Reps struggle with how to get started, but never fear – here we will lay out all of the essential steps so that […]
With this year’s extension of our placing season, there is no better time to be an Area Representative with ISE. The potential to change lives, make extra income, and earn a spot on this year’s Celebration of Success trip has never been greater! Here are 6 reasons to get started […]